« Home | Black Circle Revolution Playlist 10/2 » | Just so you know » | Beard Hour 9/29 Playlist » | Beard Hour 9/20 Playlist » | Black Circle Revolution 9/18 Playlist » | Beard Hour 9/14 Playlist » | Black Circle Revolution 9/11 Playlist » | Beard Hour 9/8 Playlist » | While I'm not entirely sure how Caleb feels about ... » | Beard Hour 9/1 Playlist »

Beard Hour 10/6 Playlist

A Return to Form:

Spacemen 3 - "Spaceship" - The Perfect Prescription
Sunn 0))) and Boris - "Akuma No Kuma" - Altar
The USA is a Monster - "Riff Scientists" - Tasheyana Compost
Mastodon - "Siberian Divide" - Blood Mountain
Harvey Milk - "The End" - Special Wishes
Magik Markers - "I Trust My Guitar, etc." - I Trust My Guitar, etc.
Warmer Milks - "The Shark" - Radish on Light
Oakley Hall - "Track 4" - Gypsum Strings
Harvey Milk - "Old Glory" - Special Wishes
Wolf Eyes - "Human Animal" - Human Animal
Harvey Milk - "Mother's Day" - Special Wishes
Born/Dead - "Endless War" - Endless War...Repitition
Fucked Up - "Crusades" - Hidden World
Harvey Milk - "Love Swing" - Special Wishes
Pink Floyd - "Astronomy Domine" - Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Led Zeppelin - "When the Levee Breaks" - Best Of
Blue Cheer - "Second Time Around" - Vincebus Eruptum

Misfits - "Angelfuck" - Static Age
Misfits - "Last Caress" - Static Age
Misfits - "Astro Zombies" - Collection One

Scritti Politti - "After Six" - White Bread Black Beer

Triumphant Finale:

Iggy Pop - "The Passenger" - Lust For Life
Bruce Springsteen - "Born to Run" - Born to Run

Some thoughts:

I slept on the most recent Harvey Milk record, but the new one, admittedly listened to only in pieces, really made my night. Imagine a really moving (and much slower!) version of the Melvins. Not that the Melvins aren't moving, but you know what I mean. "Old Glory" is sure to be playing in my head for weeks, and I have to admit that there is something pretty impressive about a band that can present such a moving emotional statement on first listen without soundig trite. Maybe I'm overly sentimental tonight though.

Mastodon continues to bore me.

Mastadon boring!?! Shame on you Nate! Shame!

Post a Comment